April 24, 2010

April 15-17

Our first week of bird banding is a short one, and has turned out to be a slow one as well. But such results are to be expected considering the rainy weather conditions and how early it is in the spring migration season. The summary of this week's captures are as follows:
April 15 @ Erie Bluffs SP- 3 birds total= 2 field sparrows, 1 northern cardinal
April 16 @ Fry's Landing- 5 birds total= 1 hermit thrush, 2 song sparrows, 1 northern cardinal, 1 brown thrasher
April 17 @ Niagra Boat Launch- 5 birds total= 1 american robin, 2 eastern tufted titmice, 2 black capped chickadees
I apologize that I don't have any pictures to post this week. I was focused on learning as much about the banding process as I could, and the weather was not camera friendly. I promise that there will be pictures of our adorable feathered friends next week. Thank you so much to the volunteers who came out and gave us a hand. We truly appreciate your support. I hope that all of you reading this are able to stop by the bird banding station and say hi!

1 comment:

Kevin Oh'BEHAVE said...

We miss YOU, Chelle! Does Erie, PA have any bars... ;)